OK, so it’s in AOL’s advertising section, BUT one of our recipes was featured in the premiere issue of hot.dots magazine… a new publication by the In Style folks.
Figured I should share it with you here as well. This recipe has been in my family for years, but I’m not really sure of the origin (though I suspect it probably came from a box of cake mix <g>)
- 1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup melted butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk, divided
- 40 caramels
- 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, butter, and ⅓ cup of the evaporated milk, Pat half of mixture into 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake 6 minutes.
- Melt caramels with remaining ⅓ cup evaporated milk over a double-boiler, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove cake layer from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans. Drizzle caramel mixture over the cake layer. Sprinkle the remaining half of the cake mixture on top.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes. Cool before cutting and serving. Makes about four to five dozen 1x1.5 inch bars.