Red Leaf Salad witih Toasted Pecans
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed and dried
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 can water-packed mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- Champagne Vinaigrette:
- 6 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine vinegar, shallot, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil. Taste and set aside.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite sized pieces and put into a medium-sized salad bowl. Add pecans, oranges, and avocado.
- Whisk dressing one more time and pour over salad. Toss salad and serve immediately.