Preparation time on this satisfying dessert is just 10 minutes, but be sure to allow time to thaw the puff pastry sheets (do this while youâ€™re working on the main course). Contributed with permission by Pepperidge Farm.
- ½ package Pepperidge Farm Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375. Mix egg and water and set aside.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 16-inch by 12-inch rectangle. With short side facing you, spoon pie filling on bottom half of pastry to within 1 inch of edges. Starting at short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Tuck ends under to seal. Brush with egg mixture. Cut several 2-inch-long slits 2 inches apart on top.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 30 minutes. Slice and serve warm. Serves 6.