Tortellini, Fresh Tomato and Pea Salad
Contributed with permission by ARA Content.
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 pound frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons prepared Italian or balsamic salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound fully ripened fresh Florida tomatoes, cut in chunks (about 2-1/2 cups)
- ½ cup salad greens, such as watercress, arugula or mixed greens
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 30 seconds; drain; place in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing; toss gently, cool.
- Just before serving, add tomato, salad greens, onion and remaining 2 tablespoons salad dressing; toss gently.
Calories: 457 Fat: 13 g Carbohydrates: 68 g Protein: 19 g