- ¾ quart fresh blackberries
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 heaping tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sherry
- Pastry for 2-crust deep-dish 9-inch pie
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line 9-inch deep dish pie plate with pie pastry.
- In a saucepan, combine the blackberries and enough water to prevent sticking. Add 1 cup of sugar and continue to heat.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup sugar, cornstarch, salt and sherry. Add to the berry mixture, and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour into pie crust. Cut the remaining pastry into strips and form a lattice top over the filling.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm with high quality vanilla ice cream.