King’s Hawaiian Chocolate Bread Pudding
King's Hawaiian Chocolate Bread Pudding
Author: King's Hawaiian
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 cups (about half of 16-ounce. loaf) King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, lightly packed ½-inch cubes
- 2½ cups half-and-half
- 1½ cups (9 ounces.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Heat half-and-half in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge.
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate, mix until melted. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Fold 1 cup cooled chocolate into egg mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate until blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture over bread cubes and mix until bread is well coated.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Lightly apply non-stick spray to six 6-ounce custard cups. Mound bread equally into each cup. Place cups on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean.
- Best served warm with chocolate or vanilla sauce. (A greased 8 by 8 by 2-inch pan may be substituted.) Bake 40 to 45 minutes in preheated 325 degree F oven.