(ARA) – Whether it’s for a special birthday or just another Friday night, people often overlook the romance that can be created by a homemade dinner. Just a few simple things–a small list of grocery store finds, a little finesse and some treats from the heart–can surprise and impress the one you love.
King’s Hawaiian — the nation’s leading and original producer of Hawaiian Sweet bread — has compiled a series of tips and recipes to complement romantic homemade dinners with some island-style elegance.
1. Create a unique dining experience: Try to surprise that special someone by situating the dinner table in a unique area of your home. Place your table in front of the fireplace or try starting dinner a little earlier and find a window-view location where you both can enjoy the sunset. This can create restaurant-style ambiance within the comforts of your home.
2. Set the mood: It’s all about creating the perfect ambiance, so dim the lights and light some candles. The soothing glow of a candle can easily warm the heart.
3. Decorate with emotion in mind: When decorating the dinning area make sure to use the right colors. Red and pink are the ideal option, as they capture and stimulate emotion. Also, scatter flower petals over the table to create that perfect romantic touch. To create island-style elegance, use tropical flowers instead of roses, such as hibiscus and anthuriums (if well chosen, both will also capture the red and pink color profile).
4. Present a gift from the heart: Heartfelt gifts create lasting memories. Create a photo album of your fondest destination memories shared with your loved one and present it during dinner. Include photos from your favorite vacation spot, or somewhere you hope to travel to together. Your special someone is sure to be impressed by the effort of a gift that expresses sentiment and emotion.
5. End the perfect evening with a little chocolate: Nothing is more enchanting than ending the night on a sweet note. Pair your favorite fruit with chocolate fondue, or prepare a unique dessert dish and garnish it with an edible flower — a touch that is sure to make the night unforgettable.
If you are in need of delicious recipes, try one of these easy-to-prepare delights from King’s Hawaiian:
- 13-ounce jar of Nutella
- 1 jar chunky peanut butter
- 1 16-ounce round loaf, King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- Preheat your Panini sandwich press.
- Cut ½-inch thick vertical slices into the King's Hawaiian round loaf. Evenly layer peanut butter on one slice and the chocolate hazelnut spread on the other.
- Distribute an even layer of marshmallows and place the halves together.
- Place sandwich into the press and, depending on the heat, remove after two to four minutes. Cut into halves or thirds. -- Serve immediately.