Spicy Grilled Tofu
Contributed with permission by the National Honey Board and ARA Content.
Author: National Honey Board
Recipe type: Main
- 1 14-ounce package. extra-firm tofu, drained and cut lengthwise into eight slices
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 20 minutes, pressing down occasionally with your hands to squeeze out water.
- Arrange tofu in single layer in 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish. Whisk together lime juice, honey, soy sauce, chili paste, garlic and pepper in small bowl. Pour over tofu, coating each slice. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill four hours, or overnight.
- Spray grill rack or pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Remove tofu slices from baking dish, reserving marinade. Grill tofu slices three to four minutes on each side, or until browned and crisp on the outside. Return tofu to baking dish and toss with reserved marinade. Serve immediately.