Bottom Crust Apple Tart
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 package refrigerated fold-out pie crust
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- 1 large egg beaten w/1 tsp water
- 3-4 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Unfold pie crust and place on a surface lightly sprinkled with raw oatmeal; transfer to a non-stick cookie sheet. Beat together the egg and water and brush the inside of the crust using a pastry brush.
- Combine the apples, bourbon, raisins, brown sugar, and spices until apples are well coated. Pile into center of the dough. Dot with butter and fold the pastry over the apples. Brush the top of the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with the raw sugar.
- Bake approximately 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.