Cranberry Toasted Almond Sauce
Contributed with permission by the National Honey Board and ARA Content.
Author: National Honey Board
Recipe type: Side
- ¼ cup
- (1/2 stick) butter
- ½ cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add almonds; cook and stir until almonds are golden brown.
- Add cranberries, honey and water; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have popped and released their juice. Cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or pour into clean glass jars; seal tightly.
- Store up to 2 weeks in refrigerator. Reheat sauce before serving. Spoon over ice cream, cheesecake or spice cake.
Makes 2 cups.
Serving size: 2 tbsp Calories: 86 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sodium: 30 g Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 8 mg